Albany, NY - The Northeast Rugby Union is now accepting applications for the position of head coach for the following representative teams:
- Senior Men's 7's
- Senior Women's 7's
- College Men's 15's
- College Women's 15's (Currently U23)
These will be three year appointments that will run thru the 2013 season. Preference will be given to applicants with prior select side coaching experience, but prior experience is not a requirement.
Interested coaches should submit an application that includes the following:
- Team you are applying for
- Rugby resumes of the head coach and any assistant coaches, managers, trainers, etc.
- Program events calendar - training dates, tryouts, practices, tournaments or competitions you plan to enter, etc. Calendar should be as specific as possible for the 2011 season, with general milestones for the 2012 and 2013 seasons
- Budget estimates with anticipated expenses, revenues and approximate player contribution. Please submit as detailed a budget as possible.
- Coaching and player development philosophy and experience
- Overall direction and goals for the program during the term of the appointment
Anyone wishing to coach a Northeast Rugby Union select side must file an application. All applications will be reviewed by the NRU Board of Directors who will appoint coaches for each program. Applications should be sent to the Northeast Rugby Union Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by Friday, December 31, 2010.
Coaching appointments will be announced after the NRU Annual general Meeting in January, 2011.