The Tufts Rugby program is currently recruiting for an assistant coach for the Fall 2013 season. A stipend is available for the right candidate who ideally will specialize in coaching our forwards.
They compete in DII competition against the following programs: Boston University, Coast Guard Academy, Norwich, University of New Hampshire, University of Rhode Island, University of Vermont. They are a very ambitious program and are hoping to gain varsity status here at Tufts.
Practices are held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings with games being on a Saturday afternoon. They would like the appointed candidate to attend at least 3 of these 4 weekly events (For high level candidates they may approve just 2 attendances per week).
Basic duties will be as follows:
- Coaching of the team, unit (forwards) and individuals
- Coaching of the scrum, lineouts, rucks and mauls
- Assist with team selection
- Assist with team meetings / video analysis sessions (Before and/or after practice)
- Develop both rookie and experienced players